Enhancing Your Appearance with Nose Surgery
The nose plays both an aesthetic and a physiological purpose. Physiologically, it is our main avenue through which we breathe. Aesthetically, the nose is a central focus of our face, providing balance and harmony to our facial features. The shape of the nose helps one to breathe properly, so if there are any abnormalities, either because of genetics or prior injury, the abnormality must be corrected. In a similar way, when there is injury to the nose or some kind of abnormality that obstructs the flow of breath into the lungs, it can result in breathing problems, or snoring and sleep apnea.
Rhinoplasty, more commonly known as the ‘Nose Job’ or nasal surgery can be used to correct physiological abnormalities and injuries. This common surgery can improve one’s appearance by creating a nose that is proportionate to the rest of one’s facial features, thus complimenting one’s natural beauty. The results are often an increase in self-confidence and self-esteem.
Why Nasal Surgery?
Rhinoplasty is performed in order to accomplish:
• Change to nasal proportion and scale, especially relative to other facial features
• Change in nasal width
• Alteration nasal profile, especially along the bridge of the nose
• Alteration of nasal tip, especially one that is out of proportion with the rest of the nose or one that droops
• Change in shape of the nostrils, especially large, misshapen or flaring nostrils
• Harmony of nasal shape, proportion and scale